This course aims to instill a basic working knowledge of the stages and technologies involved in a digital film project with particular emphasis on the editing process. It examines workflow, project management and interpersonal skills needed to edit footage for a variety of delivery platforms. Non linear editing techniques and approaches are demonstrated and discussed, considering these from both a technical and an aesthetic perspective. Effective communication of narrative is analysed with the effect of the editing techniques that may have on an audience. DVD authoring and other compilation processes for a variety of media are examined.
The course serves as a hands-on introduction to the fundamentals of Editing with Final Cut Pro and aims to provide students with advanced and continuative operations of the Final Cut Pro HD system.
Who should take this course?
The course is intended for to everybody who wants to learn about video post production.
For students who have completed our digital film production short course, this is a chance for you to understand the complete workflow of digital film project.
You would benefit from this course if:
- - You want to learn how to edit your raw footage into a logical story.
- - You want a complete overview of the whole digital film production.
- - You are passionate about video production.
- - You want an industry accredited qualification.
- - You intend to study further in this area.
- Certificate in Digital Film Post Production
- 4-weeks part-time, 6 hours / week
- - Completion of at least GCE N-Levels
- - Mature age over 17 years
- - Familiar with basic computer operations
- - Proficiency in English Language
Introduction to Final Cut Pro as a video editing tool, the importance of the editing grammar in a storytelling process, brief Introduction to the history of editing techniques from cellular film to non-linear editing, overview of the postproduction workflow, rules of editing, technical setup and troubleshooting hardware and software, project management, advanced editing technique, basic DVD authoring, titles, effects and basic compositing, broadcast specifications, basic audio editing and mixing techniques, outputting and exporting, presentation of award winning editors.
Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro